Help obtain government funding for your child's school in England!
Did you know the government gives additional funding to schools for those children entitled to free school meals?
Schools use this money to obtain additional staff and resources that help improve the quality of education.
To find out whether your child qualifies for free school meals, and hence whether their school would receive additional funding, please fill in the details requested on this site.
In addition, the following pupils will be protected against losing their free school meals as follows:
- From 1 April 2018, all existing free school meals claimants will continue to receive free school meals whilst Universal Credit is rolled out. This will apply even if their earnings rise above the new threshold during that time.
- In addition, any child gaining eligibility for free school meals after 1 April 2018 will be protected against losing free school meals during the Universal Credit rollout period.
- Once Universal Credit is fully rolled out, any existing claimants that no longer meet the eligibility criteria at that point (because they are earning above the threshold or are no longer a recipient of Universal Credit) will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education (i.e. primary or secondary).
The Universal Credit rollout is currently expected to complete in March 2022
We have made a couple of enhancements to the website, for further information please see the FAQ 's, the enhancements are:
- An LGfL school can check eligibility on behalf of a parent, the parent will need to contact your child's school, as they can run a check on your behalf.
- A parent of a child attending any LGfL school can now use this website to check their eligibility.
- A Certificate of Eligibility is available through our website for any child eligible for a free school meal that is attending a school in England. The Certificate of Eligibility should be taken to your child's school.